AVGC has a number of committees dedicated to improving the community.
- Habitat for Humanity – Installs new plantings for new homeowners.
- Beautification – Designs and helps to install plantings in public spaces.
- Garden of the Merit -We find gardens of merit and honor them with posters at local garden centers and with articles here and in the local newspaper.
- Slow Foods – The Club supports the Grow Food in Your Backyard program.
- Youth Projects – We work with local organizations to encourage interest in gardening.
- Contributions to Causes – We contribute to local causes involving ecology, conservation, gardening, or horticulture.